« Topping »
1 tablespoon butter
250 gr. Golden ground cherries
2 table spoons sugar or maple syrup
125 ml. 15% cream, ultra thick
« Preparation »
- Sift the first 4 ingredients and incorporate the eggs and the milk into the dry mixture in a bowl. Add the melted butter.
- Let stand 1/2 hr. before using.
- Put a ladle of crêpe butter in an anti-adhesive frying pan, lightly buttered. Cook on both sides.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the ground cherries and cook 3 to 4 mins.
- Add the maple syrup and the cream and let simmer slowly for 5 minutes.
- Take a crêpe obtained at point 3, place in the center 3 or 4 tablespoons of the mixture from 5, roll up and serve with a saucedish of ground cherry sauce.
Note: For the sauce, mix a peeled apple with a small carton of ground cherries, adding 250 ml. Of 15 % cream, ultra thick. Pass it through the blender and then through cheedecloth. Add sugar or syrup to taste and cook 10 mins. on a low heat, stirring regularly.
Recipe by André-Paul Moreau